How to File Extended Health Claims

Benefit Card

You and your spouse will be provided with a Benefit Card which may be used for all covered health care practitioner and prescription drug services. Every time you have a health service performed or a prescription filled, present your Benefit Card to the health care practitioner or pharmacist who will electronically submit a claim on your or your eligible Dependents’ behalf. Immediately, your claim will be processed and you will be notified of which expenses are reimbursable. You may use any health care practitioner or pharmacy in Canada that will accept your card.

Paper Claims

In the event you need an Extended Health claim form, please click here.

Before submitting the claim form, ensure that all questions, have been answered that you have signed your name and clearly identified yourself by full name, return mailing address, and your employer and Union. Faulty or missing information will only result in a delay in processing your claim.

If the claim is for your Dependent, provide the Dependent's first name, date of birth and relationship to you.

When you are sure that all of the above has been completed, forward the form and all attachments to the Claims Office. Your benefit cheque will be mailed directly to you. Assignment of benefits is not permitted and all cheques will be made payable to you as the insured Member.

Each expense should be listed separately, by insured individual, on the appropriate claim form. Submit claims together with originals of bills or receipts, no more than once a month or every 2 to 3 months if bills are small. Claiming more frequently for small amounts ties up service for everyone and delays payment on larger claims where there is a real need for timely benefits.

Bills and receipts must be complete. Each bill, or receipt, other than for drugs, must show the:

  1. patient's full name
  2. date(s) the service was rendered or purchase made
  3. nature of the sickness or injury
  4. Physician's written recommendation itemized charges.

Each drug or medicine bill or receipt must show the:

  1. patient's full name
  2. prescription number, name of medication, quantity, and strength
  3. date of purchase, dispensing fee and the total charge for each item
  4. Drug Identification Number (DIN) 

Note: Failure to list drug expenses separately will result in your form being returned to you for proper completion.

Mail Extended Health Claims to:

Benefit Plan Administrators Limited
P.O. Box 3071, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario L5A 3A4

Online Submission

You may also submit your claims online with the Benefit Plan Administrators (BPA) eClaims mobile app and website. To get started, all you need to do is register. You can do so by downloading the app to your phone or by accessing the BPA eClaims website. To download the mobile app to your phone or tablet, go to the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android) and search “BPA eClaims”. To access the BPA eClaims website from your computer, visit To register your account, you will need your Benefit Card. You will be asked to provide your Group Number, which consists of the first six digits of your Benefit Card number, as well as your Certificate Number, which consists of the second set of ten digits of your Benefit Card number. For more information, please click here.


For questions or assistance, please contact BPA by phone at either 905-275-6466 or Toll Free at 1-800-867-5615, or by email:


Insulators Local 95 Benefit Trust Fund c/o Benefit Plan Administrators 
90 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Suite 300 Mississauga, Ontario L5B 3C3